Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cake & Ice cream, anyone?!

A few weeks ago, I was searching for a new treat to make for my mom's birthday. I wanted something that would be special for her birthday, but also something a bit different.  I came across a recipe on cometogetherkids.com for ice cream cake sandwiches made in a waffle maker!  How neat, right?  I just had to try them out, and I am so glad I did!  They were super easy and everyone loved them!  And, the best part is, I didn't have to heat up my oven in the middle of summer, BONUS!


For my ice cream cake sandwiches, I used funfetti cake batter and vanilla ice cream.  Of course the heart-shaped waffle maker I used makes them extra special! I'll definitely be experimenting with different flavors of ice cream and cake batter in the future!

Ice Cream Cake Sandwiches

Ingredients:

cake batter
ice cream
sprinkles
waffle maker
plastic wrap

Directions:

Preheat waffle maker. Make cake batter according to the directions on the box.  Pour some cake batter into preheated waffle maker, about 3/4 cup.  Cook about 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown.  Remove and cool completely on cooling rack. Scoop some ice cream onto one waffle, press another waffle on top to create a sandwich.  Press the sides into a bowl of sprinkles until the ice cream is completely covered.  Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer to harden. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment