Monday, July 23, 2012

BBQ Chicken Salad

I recently discovered the BBQ Chicken Salad, which combines some of my favorite foods. This may not be a new salad to most people, but it's a new one for me.  And it has quickly turned into one of my new favorites, perfect for summer! It's so easy and versatile, and most of it can be prepared ahead of time. Even my husband loved it, and he's not a fan of salads as the main part of a meal. It was even perfect for my girls because they could pick out what they liked (chicken, tomatoes, cheese, etc) and leave what they didn't (lettuce).

Ingredients:

Lettuce/Salad mix (I used Romaine and Iceburg mixes)
Shredded cheese
Tomatoes, chopped
Avocado, sliced
Green onions, diced
Corn, cooked & cooled
Black beans, rinsed and drained
Chicken, grilled and sliced
BBQ sauce
Ranch dressing

Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  Top with a few drizzles of BBQ sauce and Ranch dressing.  Enjoy! Yep, it's really that easy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment