Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork with Baked Sliced Sweet Taters

I have been getting very bored with pork lately. My husband likes pork roasts and pork chops a lot, and I find myself making the same marinades, or just making Pork Chops. I have also always had a hard time finding a good crock pot Pork recipe...well, I found a few online, combined them all, changed a lot of things, and came up with a recipe, that turned out to be UNBELIEVABLE! It smelled so good, I kept going to the crock pot throughout the day and tasting it! I decided to make sliced sweet potatoes as a side. Usually I do some type of potato or squash as a side with pork, and my son LOVES sweet potatoes, as does my husband so I went with those tonight. Added some green beans, and topped it off with homemade corn bread (the corn bread will be in a separate post)! Our dinner was awesome!! 
Tonight's Dinner

Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork 

Ingredients:

1 1-2 lb boneless pork loin
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce


Directions:

Put everything in the crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. I recommend a smaller crock pot so the pork is better covered in the liquid. If you are home, turn the pork every few hours to make sure it is well covered in the liquid. Either way, it will be great!

I don't think recipes get much easier! 


Baked Sliced Sweet Potatoes 

Ingredients:

4 large sweet potatoes
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar


Directions:

Line the bottom of a 9x13 pan with tin foil. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 

Cut half the stick of butter into 8 slices. Place the butter on the bottom of the pan. 

Peel the sweet potatoes, cut them into thin circular slices. Line the pan with the sweet potato. Cut the remainder of the butter into 8 more slices. Place on top of the sweet potatoes. Cover the top with the brown sugar. 

Pan should look like this: 


Place the pan in the oven and baked for 45 mins. The sweet potatoes will be darker in color and very soft, you will easily be able to stick a fork in them. 


Enjoy!! 

2 comments:

  1. We had a guest at our home and I made this pork roast and the sweet potatos. It was a huge hit and so simple. This will definatly be made many times at my house. Thanks Much!!

    ReplyDelete