Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Italian Lemon Chicken

I really wanted tortellini last week, but I needed some chicken to go with it to make the meal more "complete" so I figured I would look in my cabinets and see what I could come up with! I am a big fan of chicken in the crock pot, its quick, easy, and the chicken is always tender and juicy if cooked with the right amount of liquid. So here is what I came up with....

Italian Lemon Chicken
Ingredients: 
3-4 chicken breasts 
1 stick of butter 
2 packets of Italian seasoning 
Juice from 2 large lemons 

Directions: 
Place the stick of butter in the crock pot. Add Chicken to the crock pot, pour the seasoning mix over top of the chicken. Then squeeze the juice from the two lemons on top of that. Cook on low 3-4 hours. You can leave the breasts whole, or stir with a fork to shred the chicken. This was DELICIOUS!! I served it over the top of tortellini and used the sauce from the chicken as sauce for the tortellini! Sprinkle some parm cheese over the top and enjoy! YUMM! 

2 comments:

  1. I made this for dinner and it was so yummy!!!! Can't wait to try the other recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete